Monday, May 4, 2009

First Day of Preschool

Bryce started preschool today, he will go one day a week for now. He was excited to put on his uniform for the big day. Mommy and daddy walked him to class but he broke free of our hands the second we took off his shoes. He ran straight into his class which we previewed on Wednesday of last week. I spoke to the teacher and she commented on how comfortable he seemed, "Most kids cry." I thought, its probably because I am standing right here. Also, he walks by the school everyday, he wants to come in. Daddy and I gawked and took pictures to remember the excitement of the moment.
Daddy had to go start his day. I stayed to ask a few questions and finish the paperwork. After they shut the door I wanted to get a picture of him through the door sign, he saw me, a few seconds later he started to cry. I had to leave and believe that he will soon enjoy going to school as much as his friends do. Four of the kids in our building are in his class and that makes him more comfortable.
The day we previewed his class all his friends came over and with toddler body language, smiling and patting his arm, saying hey buddy good to see you, are you coming to school? . So I know he will fit right in.

No comments: